Business Unit / Group Function:
Managed Operations – South African Mining
Legal & CosSec
Musina, South Africa
Experience / Work Type:
Entry Level / Permanent Employee
05 February, 2021
Closing Date: 05 February, 2021
Protect a national treasure
You have the experience and attention to detail to manage diverse teams protecting our people and our site: South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine and currently one of its biggest infrastructure projects. You’ll need to remain calm under pressure and communicate well at all levels.
We can offer you a role in a global business with a fascinating product and an innovative mindset. Come and join us.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
You will be responsible for providing a Security Operations function, ensuring implementation and adherence to security policies, procedures, objectives and client needs.
Your role will:
- Monitor and evaluate the diamond process and operating practices
- Perform real time surveillance
- Monitor designated areas for irregularities
- Conduct audits of all system transactions
- Perform regular system integrity checks ensuring that all equipment is functioning
- Assist in product shipment
- Monitor and evaluate personnel through the scanning facility
- Grade 12/ Std. 10/ N3 qualification.
- National Certificate (Security Management would be advantageous)
- PRISA registration
- Valid EB/Code 08 Drivers License
- Firearm competency certificate
- Computer literate
- Ability to work shifts
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) on mine.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification, psychometric and integrity assessments.
Role-specific knowledge required:
- 3 years Security related experience including Access Control and Surveillance.
- Ability to work with all levels of security, production and processing to improve operational effectiveness and problem resolution.
- Ability to cope in stressful situations.
- Good understanding of the high-risk diamond processes and identifies areas of diamond risk.
Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
SafetySafety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV.This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
Submit applications on or before the CLOSING DATE: 05 February 2021